Saturday, April 29, 2006

Soldiers as kids…

The fourth day hides another extravaganza. While I am walking out of the village I meet a marching column of the Afghan army. When the commander who is marking their pace spots my camera, he orders the soldiers with a neatly military volume to turn around, look at the camera, and smile. Only in such a cut off country as Afghanistan can the army members be glad to be photographed!


Most of the soldiers were overaged. I just couldn’t imagine them charging against the enemy…. It made me whish all armies of the world would be like that one. Wars would only end up in short quarrels in which fatigue would soon take over in both bands…


And finally, the commander asked for my camera and took this picture. After such gentleness he carried on directing his troops along the dusty untraveled road.

No comments: